Wednesday, June 13, 2018

KYC Progress

In the recent months we have made some great progress finding and establishing a partnership with our KYC/AML company. For those of you who are new to the cryptocurrency space, this is "Know Your Customer", often paired with "Anti-Money Laundering". The SEC (Securities Exchange Commission) requires anyone in the US who invests in a security to provide detailed financial information. This usually includes information that validates their residency and identification. The reason for this is so that Joe Blow, who makes minimum wage, doesn't spend his entire life savings on a risky investment and lose everything. He would then become dependent on the US government, and that is the last thing that anyone wants.

As CEO of Villa Token Inc., I have been doing my own extensive research about this. My first thought was, "Will my KYC/AML company keep my investor's information safe and secure?"
I have been hearing about data and privacy leaks in the news lately and I want to make SURE that my investors are protected. I am proud to say that after interviews, phone calls, conferences, meetings, and emails with countless KYC/AML companies, I have found the one I trust.

Investors often ask me, "How much skin do you have in the game for Villa Token?", meaning how much of my own time/money/sweat/tears/effort have I personally invested in this company. The answer is: I have put forth everything. And I am proud that I can honestly say this. I have been working night and day to ensure that our ICO (I should start using STO...Security Token Offering) goes smoothly and that we meet our hard cap of 5 Million USD. So stay tuned.

Your intrepid CEO,
Allison Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment